Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
Bella Balloons is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your relationship with Bella Balloons. This policy explains the types of personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
By visiting Bella Balloons’ website, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
Who is Bella Balloons?
For purposes of this Customer Privacy Notice, “Bella Balloons” means Bella Balloons, and its family of companies including affiliates, which may exist now or in the future.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
- professional and business directories available to the public,
- public registries and court records,
- other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
We are accountable to you
Bella Balloons is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have employees in each of our business units who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
We let you know why we collect and use your personal information and get your consent
Bella Balloons identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
- communicating with you generally
- processing your purchases
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- protecting against fraud or error
- providing product and services requested by you
- recommending products and services that Bella Balloons believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- performing statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of this site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information and provide targeted online marketing. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose
- complying with legal and governmental requirements
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time we collect it from you
Otherwise, Bella Balloons will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your personal information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, where our employees can help direct your call to the appropriate department within Bella Balloons. To change your preferences, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We limit collection of your personal information
Bella Balloons collects only the information required to provide products and services to you and to fulfill the purposes set out above. Bella Balloons will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses https://bellaballoons.ca.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
We limit disclosure and retention of your personal information
Bella Balloons does not disclose personal information to any organization or person for any reason except the following:
- we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
- as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Bella Balloons or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your personal information for those purposes. If your personal information is shared with third parties, those third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with Bella Balloons to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Bella Balloons retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
Bella Balloons keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal information is a priority for Bella Balloons
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using any shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
We are open about our privacy and security policy
We provide access to your personal information stored by Bella Balloons
You can request access to your personal information stored by Bella Balloons. To contact us, please email us at email@example.com. Upon receiving such a request, Bella Balloons will:
- inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
- provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- make any necessary updates to your personal information.
We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
Bella Balloons responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to contact us
- by calling our Customer Relations Centre at 1-866-418-2828
- by email to our Customer Relations Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our business changes constantly, and this privacy notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. We are, however, committed to protecting your information and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.